Query regarding DMfold-Multimer software for predicting protein complex

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.

Moderator: robpearc

Zhaode-Feng

Query regarding DMfold-Multimer software for predicting protein complex

Post by Zhaode-Feng »

Dear ZhangLab

I would like to inquire about the average runtime required by DMfold-Multimer to predict a protein dimer complex(and informations about computational resources).

Thanks
Zhaode Feng
jlspzw

Re: Query regarding DMfold-Multimer software for predicting protein complex

Post by jlspzw »

Dear user,

we do not have any statistical data about dimmer, but we have data with protein length with DMFold server https://zhanggroup.org/DMFold/help.html

Notice, that is our server running time which should differ from the local version (without pending time), so typically standalone should be much shorter than the server version.

Best Regards
Wei Zheng
Zhaode-Feng

Post by Zhaode-Feng »

Dear Zheng,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I have carefully read through the help documentation provided, actually, I would like to apply DMfold-Multimer on my local machine. As a newcomer to this field, I am not entirely certain about the GPU configuration(such as Nvidia A100 GPU?) I should use or the amount of time required to run a substantial number of tasks. If you could provide me with this information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your assistance.

All the best
Zhaode Feng
jlspzw

Post by jlspzw »

Dear user,

It is difficult to say the exact running time because different device running time is different. So I would suggest you test the program on your own cluster.

Normally MSA will take less than 1 day if you have enough CPUs and modeling will take less than 1 day (<1000AA) if you have enough GPUs.

Best
Wei
Zhaode-Feng

Post by Zhaode-Feng »

Dear Zheng,

Thanks for your patience and advice. I'll try.

All the best,
Zhaode Feng